Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Night light installation






Pictures from a collaboration of German and Egyptian artists in a poor neighborhood. I had a grand time befriending lots of kids and using my Arabic and having an awkward conversastion with the journalist and going on top of the roof of this really old and crumbling apartment building. Unfortunately the idea was better than its execution and I don't think the local community (outside of the kids) was too enthused about it, but it was a neat night. Lise works for the Goethe Institute so she had a hand in everything and invited me to come and hang out. Hands down one of my favorite nights in Cairo (though this happened about two weeks ago ; ) )
Jayanthi's mom is coming tomorrow! My mom is coming the next day! 15 pg midterm about to be handed in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home