Friday, December 16, 2005

George Bush! Number One!



Just a few pictures from the Khan El-Khalili. Jayanthi took more; I mostly concentrated on taking videos. Of course, in my attempts to be subtle about the videotaking on my camera I ended up with really jumpy and fast moving, dizzying footage. A bit like the Khan itself! Yesterday I was always greeted with "Hola." Well, I was also asked if I was from "Spain? Poland? Canada?" Yesterday also saw a rise in questions asking "How can I take your money?" This is a new development in my history at the Khan, and I would say one of the funnier ones. I also got "If you come into my store I will marry you," which was also a major incentive to stay away. I also got some fresh 1/2 Strawberry, 1/2 Orange juice that was delicious, and also resulted in some fun conversation in Arabic with the juiceman. He lit up when I said I was from America and said George Bush! milla milla! 100 % He's not the first person to tell me how great George Bush is, and I get America! Number One! all the time, and not mocking me, either. Of course I don't know how these men really feel, but I've never had anybody say anything negative to me about America, unless we were in a conversation.

A week from now I'll be on my way to Germany, or in Germany, or leaving Germany. Something related to Germany : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home